Tips to Help You Get it Right
A lot of focus is put on writing the perfect resume, and for good reason. This single document is often the deciding factor for a hiring manager. And you would be shocked to know how little time hiring managers actually spend looking it over.
Which is why you need to make an impression, in about 30 seconds.
- Pick a font and stick with it. Other than the headers and your name, you should be using one size for all text.
- Save your resume in a common format, either a Word Document or a PDF.
- Spellcheck, spellcheck, spellcheck, spellcheck, spellcheck, spellcheck.
- If you choose to include an Objective or Personal Summary, tailor it to the job you are applying for. Make it unique (even creative) and grab the attention of the person reading it!
- Keywords are extremely important. Make sure to look through the job description for keywords, and then incorporate those keywords into your resume. Why? Often the first “person” to look at your resume is really a Search Engine, which only understands keywords.
- Be relevant. List duties from previous jobs that will translate into your new position.
- Whenever possible, quantify your accomplishments. Show how you added value at your previous jobs by listing specific, numeric achievements.
- Be honest, and know it by heart. When you go in for an interview, you should be able to go into detail about every job and skill you have listed.
National Brand. Your Local Team.
Baltimore, MD 21230 Directions
Woodbridge, VA 22193 Directions
Takoma Park, MD 20912 Directions
San Antonio, TX 78240 Directions
From the DC metro area to the heart of Texas, we specialize in matching employers with job seekers. We do the hard work of hiring. From part-time jobs to payroll services to long-term consulting, we have a service that meets your needs. In 2024, MJ Morgan Group will be expanding into Philadelphia and New Jersey.
Your Local Team.
Baltimore, Maryland Directions
Hyattsville, Maryland Directions
Woodbridge, Virginia Directions
Antioch, TN 37013 Directions
Suite D2-F Houston, TX 77036 Directions
Takoma Park, Maryland
Takoma Park, Maryland Directions
Manassas, Virginia Directions
Harrisburg PA 17111 Directions
San Antonio, Texas
San Antonio, Texas Directions
From the DC metro area to the heart of Texas, we specialize in matching employers with job seekers. We do the hard work of hiring. From part-time jobs to payroll services to long-term consulting, we have a service that meets your needs.