Cover Letter Samples
Why Is Writing a Cover Letter Such a Big Deal?
It’s not. It’s a HUGE deal. Because its the only time when you can show your personality and really differentiate yourself from the competition.
First things first, here are some Quick Tips to keep in mind when writing your Cover Letter:
- Write a new, different Cover Letter for every single job you apply for.
- Do NOT copy and paste a pre-written Cover Letter from the internet and pass it off as your own words. They’re going to know, trust us on this one.
- Make sure your Cover Letter reflects the job description. If the job description is spunky and fun, you can be spunky and fun too!
- Spellcheck, spellcheck, spellcheck, spellcheck, spellcheck, spellcheck, spellcheck.
- When submitting a resume via email, your Cover Letter goes in the body of the email. Your resume should be saved in a common file format (Word Doc or PDF) and attached to the email under an appropriate name.
- On that note, use a professional email address that includes your name.
- Make every effort to find out the name of the hiring manager, avoid “To Whom It May Concern” if possible.
- In closing your Cover Letter, let them know when you will be following up with them.